Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

GINS Post 7 - Exploring Empathy

Daily life for my GINS character from Afghanistan is not like daily life for a Canadian. Daily life for her means not being able to go out after dark. Daily life for her means living in fear of terrorist organizations like the Taliban. Daily life for her means never feeling truly safe. Daily life for her means constant discrimination. My life is a cake walk compared to hers. I get three meals a day. I do not need to fear for suicide bombers or merciless killers. Although I have not experienced a life like she lives, I understand that it is not easy. My life would sound like a dream to her, even though we often forget how privileged we are. The only true way to know how good we have it is to know how those less privileged live.

No comments:

Post a Comment